Saturday 21 March 2020

***KEEP CALM AND CROCHET under Coronavirus ***



THE CORONAVIRUS CAL



A STASH-BUSTING, TIME-FILLING, GROUP-HUGGING PROJECT TO HELP US THROUGH THE NEXT FEW WEEKS AND MONTHS...

As I write, it is Friday 20th March. Today all the schools in the UK have closed until further notice. All major events and festivals have been cancelled already. There is a lot of negative stuff flying around the ether.

There is also a LOT of positive stuff. Let's focus on the good things coming out of this.
Here we will crochet for inner calm, for peace of mind and to forget the outside world for a few hours a day.
We will think positive thoughts and count our blessings.

Finally; "It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop ." CONFUCIUS

A sneaky taster of what's to come...




GENERAL INTRODUCTION 

I will be designing this DAILY CAL as I go and will endeavour to stay one step ahead of you if at all possible so please bear with me...Not all of you will have the time to complete it daily...that is perfectly ok.  Some of you will be wanting more. So start another one. Teach someone else in the house to crochet.  Do it at your own pace. Breathe.


  • THERE WILL BE MISTAKES! As any of you who have ever written a pattern know, it takes an awful lot of time to triple check....as I am keen to get this CAL out as fast as possible there are bound to be errors on my part so PLEASE bear with me. Ask for help from both me and the wider crochet community. 
  • There is no specific colourway...I am using up odds and sods from my stash. You can use as many or as few colours as you like. Leave your ends long enough to sew in...try to do this after every row to save yourself that horrid job at the end!
  • Do not get too hung up about the stitch count. Crochet is SO forgiving. As long as you are within 5 stitches or so  IT WILL BE OK! You can always decrease or increase evenly along the next plain row to regain the correct amount. Don't forget that the edge will hide a multitude of sins and mistakes... 
  • I will try to provide the pattern in both words and chart form where possible. Try to use BOTH.
  • I will use photos where possible but will not post too many for the sake of time.


MATERIALS NEEDED

A size 4mm hook 
A size 4.5mm or 5mm hook (for doing the foundation chain and linen-type stitches)

About 16 x 100g  balls of DK yarn. I say about because as I haven't completed this yet I cannot say for sure.....





There might be more to come but I will add them when needed.






















No comments:

Post a Comment