LARGE DOUBLE PETALLED SQUARE (MAKE 1)
1) ch3, 11 tr in ring ( 12 tr)
2) Ch3, 1 tr at bottom of ch, 2 tr in each of the next tr , slsttj (24 tr)
3) ch1, 1dc at bottom of ch, *ch6, miss next 2 trs, 1 dc in next tr, rep from * 6 times, ch6, slsttj to 1st dc. (8 6-ch sps)
4) Slip stitch in to next ch-sp, (1dc, 2htr, 3tr, 2 htr, 1dc) in to the same space,
Then do (1dc, 2htr, 3tr, 2 htr, 1dc) in every ch-sp around , slst to back of 1st dc made. (8 petals)
5) Working behind the petals, *ch6, then fpdc (front post double crochet) around the post of the next dc from round 3 (the stitch lying in between the petals), rep from * all the way round to make 8 6-ch sps behind the petals.
|Front post dc around the dc from row 3 - put hook from front around the post|
|and pull the yarn back through|
|2 loops on hook|
|yo pull through 2 loops (1fpdc worked)|
|8 6-ch sps at back of petals|
6) slip stitch in to the next 6-ch sp and do (1dc, 1htr, 2tr, 3 dbtr, 2 tr, 1htr, 1dc) in the space and in each 6-ch sp, slsttojoin
|Second row of petals plus chains from Round 6 plus start of round 7|
8) ch2, now do 1htr in every dc, 5 htr in each 5-ch sp and (5htr 2ch 5htr) in each 8-ch sp around, slsttj
9) Ch2, then 1 htr in every htr around, doing (2htr 1ch 2 htr) in each corner space
10) Ch2, 1 htr in next st, * ch1, miss 1st st, 1 htr in each of next 2 sts, rep from * along the edges, doing 2htr 1 ch 2 htr in the corners, slsttj. ( I had an extra st at the end but ignore it as it really won't make a difference)
11) Ch3 , * 1 tr 1 ch 1 tr (= v-stitch) in next ch1 sp, miss 1 st, rep from * to end doing 2 tr 1ch 2 tr in each corner ending with last tr 1 ch to join to top of 1st ch3 with a slst.
12) Ch3, now do a v-st in each v-st ch-sp around , doing 3tr 2ch 3 tr in each corner ending with 1 tr 1 ch, slsttj to top of ch3.
13) ch2, now do 2 htrs in each ch-sp and 1 htr between each v-st around , doing 2htr 2 ch 2 htr in each corner and 1 htr in each tr before and after the corner sp. Slsttj.
14) Begin popcorn : ch3, 4 tr at bottom of ch, remove hook from loop and replace in top of ch3 then back under last loop made of the 4th tr, yo pull through .
* Ch 3, Miss 2 sts, 5 tr popcorn in next st : 5 tr
Yo pull through , 1 popcorn made,
Rep from * around, doing 3 tr 2 ch 3 tr in each corner and 3 ch before and after each corner. slsttj. If you don't end up with exactly the right amount don't panic just try to space them evenly on each side.
15) Ch3, Now do, 1 tr in top of each popcorn and 3 tr in each 3-ch-sp around, doing (3tr2ch3tr) in each corner
16) Ch2, *miss 1 st, 1 dc in next st, ch1, rep from * around doing 2dc 1ch 2 dc in each corner. slstsj
17) ch2, 1 dc in 1st ch-sp, * 1ch, 1 dc in nhext ch-sp, repo from * around, doing 2dc 1 ch 2dc in each corner, slstsj
18) Repeat row 17
Now BLOCK it using your preferred method. I spray it with cold water then pin out to desired size and spray again. Leave to dry naturally. You can now sew in the ends if you want although I will crochet most under when we do the border...